Classicalfencing.com Forums

You are not logged in.

#1 2007-06-12 16:01:17

Akilles
Website

10th Anniversary Workshop

I am pleased to announce that The Classical Fencing Society is celebrating the tenth anniversary of its inception.  For the last ten years the CFS has labored to bring the best in traditional fencing to the Midwest through both our Milwaukee and our St. Louis chapters.  Throughout the last eight years we have had opportunity to share our fencing with the community at large and have benefited from this mutual exchange.

To celebrate the occasion of our tenth anniversary, we are hosting a Pedagogical Workshop later in the year.  This event is unlike any other workshop or seminar currently being offered to the public.  If you have any questions or would like to make inquiries about registration please contact me at - achilleus@cfssda.org

Description of the event:

Guest instructors:   Maestro Sean Hayes and Maestro Ramon Martinez

Curriculum in focus:  Italian foil and French foil

Purpose:  Due to the continually growing interest in traditional fencing and the scarcity of fencing Masters, fencers find themselves training without a Master and often even without the benefit of contact with an existing curriculum.  Those fencers who can occasionally study with a Master rarely get the chance to have their actual teaching ability reviewed.  This workshop is an essay to provide the skills, the contact with fencing Masters, and the pedagogy of traditional fencing in the Italian and French styles that many of us have to do without on a regular basis.           

Fees: to be announced
Date: late November - TBA

Regards,

D Achilleus
CFSSDA

all conditioned things decay - seek liberation diligently

#2 2007-08-27 14:26:42

Akilles
Website

Re: 10th Anniversary Workshop

I am writing to notify the community that we have made the unfortunate but necessary decision to postpone this event. I will keep the community informed about our future plans for this event.

D Achilleus

all conditioned things decay - seek liberation diligently

Board footer