You are not logged in.
We have acquired the following list of Prevost and Master's theses. We are attempting to
contact all of the authors to ask permission to publish the papers on this website.
If you'd like to suggest which sound most interesting to you, we can try to get those up first.
Masters theses are denoted by (M) after the author's name, Prevost/Provost by (P).
Several do not say which they are for.
Alphabetical by Author:
1. Sabre Class Progression
Lynne Marie Antonelli (M)
2. Pedagogy and the Part Played by the Coach
Guy Bertrand (P)
3. An Analysis of the Book of Five Rings and its application to Contemporary Western Fencing
Gene Ching (P)
4. Meditation and the Anxiety Syndrome in Competitive Fencing
Stephen M. Cook (M)
5. Scientia Artis Gladiatorae: Foil Fencing and the Fundamental Principles of Combat
Adam Adrian Crown (M)
6. Guidelines For Developing an Individualized Conditioning-Training Program For the Fencer
James S. Fazekas (M)
7. The Analysis of the Opponent in Foil Fencing
Gene Elliott Gettler
8. Potential Technical, Tactical and Psychological Problems in Fencing and How to Avoid Them
David William Glasser
9. Parries and Ripostes in Saber
Eugene Hamori (M)
10. The Sabre Fulcrum
Richard Joel Jacobson (M)
11. Observations & Comparisons of the Rapier & Epee
Ramon Martinez (P)
12. Pre-competition Warm-Up Lessons
David M. Micahnik
13. Coaching Using Psychological Knowledge
Colin J Oberg
14. Second Intention
15. Relationships Between French & Italian Schools of Fencing
Ralph K. Sahm (P)
16. Fencing and the Tao of Jeet Kune Do
Peter S. Schifrin (P)
17. A Study of Lesson Progression in Foil
Robert F. Scranton (M)
18. Basic Tactical Defensive Considerations for the Left Handed Foil Fencer
Robert F. Scranton (P)
19. Distance, Timing and Continuous Pursuit of the Target: A Cohesive System of Instruction
Wayne Bruce Sitz (M)
20. Women: Epee and Sabre
21. Second Intention Counter Time
John D. Wills (M)
Great! Thanks to IFV for all the hard work!
Hmmmm. I am particularly interested in 4. Meditation and the Anxiety Syndrome in Competitive Fencing and 16. Fencing and the Tao of Jeet Kune Do. Ultimately though I would read anything you put up. :)
May I offer my assistance to the digitization effort? You could fax me a copy of a theses and I would be happy to scan it into a word document, a pdf or proper HTML.
Last edited by cfaustus (2006-06-06 16:05:41)